Monday, July 27, 2009

Body After Baby Week 2

Photobucket

We now have 2 weeks down in the Body After Baby Challenge, with 6 weeks to go.

I weighed myself this morning and I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Yay! I'm still right on target. Maybe by the end of summer I will be comfortable in a swimming suit again :p

I really focused on drinking more water this week. I am a little bit of a pop junky. When I was pregnant I pretty much cut out all pop, but I replaced it with juice, which isn't really much better. So I really wanted to tackle this bad habit. I really want to set a good example for Fiona and drinking all the pop and juice is not setting a great example. My goal for the week was to drink at least 3 large glasses of water a day. It took a little effort at the beginning of the week, but by the end I was grabbing a glass of water instead of a pop or a glass of juice. My new best friend is the flavored Aquafina and of course there is Crystal Light too.

I did really well with eating healthier, too. I planned a dinner for each night this week and prepped some of it last weekend, so that it was really easy to make a healthy dinner choice. I have also found that it is much easier if I don't deny myself what I want. I just eat a tiny bit of it. That way I don't screw up my whole day, but I don't feel like I'm being deprived of all the things I like.

I managed to work out at least 3 times this week (again I am including mowing the lawn, which Nathan doesn't think should count, but I am still getting results). My workouts were a little longer than last week, so I think I'm doing well on this goal also.

I am very proud of how I did this week. Bring on the next 6 weeks, I'm going to be smokin' by the end of it. Go Red Team!

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Nice job Anna!!!!!

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Way to go, you're doing great! And heck yeah, mowing the lawn definitely counts!

Samantha said...

You are doing so good- that is awesome!

beth said...

yardwork and houseclesning counts! good job!

Katie said...

Great job!!

Elizabeth said...

I used to be a huge DR. Pepper fan, but have since replaced it with water, you can too!