Friday, July 10, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge

Photobucket

Samantha over at MamaNotes is hosting a Body After Baby Challenge to be "Fit by Labor Day". It will last 8 weeks and start on Monday July 13th. Basically it is a way to meet other moms going through the same thing, get accountability and support, and reach your goals.

This is not normally the sort of thing that would catch my attention. However, after seeing her post on Twitter about it numerous times I began to think seriously about it. I have not been exactly pleased with the image in the mirror since Fiona made her grand entrance into the world. It has been 7 months since then and I honestly thought things would go back to "normal" afterwards, but that has not been the case. It isn't horrible and I have worked hard to lose most of the baby weight, but things aren't the same and I am fighting a losing battle to keep off the weight I have lost.

What better way to keep myself motivated about being in better shape than to blog about it. It is easy to cheat and skip a workout because I'm tired or the baby is cranky or to eat unhealthy options because I don't feel like cooking. If I blog about it than there is some accountability. Oh, and of course there is a before and after picture involved. Eeeek!!

So I am going to be brave and do it. My goals are:

-to lose about 8 lbs (that is about pound a week)

-get some definition in my arms (because I just saw a picture of me from the 4th and they are a lot flabbier than I remember them being)

-start eating healthier (I really need to work on this one because I will soon be setting an example for Fiona)

-feel better about myself physically (this is the big one, I just want to feel a little more comfortable in my skin, stretch marks and all)

Now I just have to get brave enough to take the before pictures and send them to her. You can do it too! Head on over to her blog and check it out for yourself.

4 comments:

Regan said...

DO IT! It's always nice to have workout buddies. It makes it harder to skip! Someone once told me that on a trip to the grocery store, you should always stay on the outside of the isles. So I did on my last trip and I made it home with lots and lots of fruits and veggies and milk. I was very proud of myself. I took a little time cutting up the fruits and veggies and now when I'm hungry, I grab a handfull of grapes instead of a cookie. It works! Good luck! I need workout motivation but I didn't just have a baby..... :(

jmt said...

I'm popping over from SITS roll call and I am EXCITED to see that you're starting a "plan". I think it should be fabulous. I completely understand seeing the image and realizing...wait a second...that's not what I THOUGHT it looked like. We had a reunion run and my sister kindly took a photo of me FROM THE REAR....I realized that although I fit my clothes fine and I was running again, my baby butt was still in full force. LOL You'll love the energy boost you will get from all that you've laid out for yourself. Enjoy! Happy Friday.

Sarah said...

As I read your goals I nodding my head in agreement with all of them. Arms arms arms especially! Oh my gosh, I recently saw a picture of my own and don't remember them being so undefined. Geez! When did I get mom arms?

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

I'll be cheering you on! We can do this! Go team red!