Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baby Bug

Okay, listen up people. Everybody needs to stop getting pregnant ... RIGHT NOW! It seems like there are a TON of people I know getting pregnant recently. Thoughts are trying to creep into MY head and that is just not cool. I'm not ready for another baby yet. Fiona was SOOOO challenging as a newborn. I didn't think I would survive that time. She is finally getting to an age where she is a lot of fun to play with and a pretty independent booger. This means I get to actually do things like go to the bathroom, shower, eat, etc. I'm enjoying this time. I'm not ready to go back to the land of the walking dead that is life with a newborn.

But, then I hear about yet another person who is pregnant and I do silly/crazy things, like looking back at pictures like this:



and this.

Then I think, oh but she was so sweet and tiny and it makes me want another one. I think you need to lock me up in the funny farm. Seriously, what sane person has thoughts about having another baby when they still don't get to sleep through the night and never have a moment to themselves as it is? I think I need an intervention before this gets serious. The even scarier part, we had a little "scare" a few weeks ago. When I told Nathan that it was "all clear", he said he was a little disappointed. I think the baby bug may be trying to bite him too.

What it comes down to is that all you people need to stop getting pregnant. Or at least stay far, far away from me. I hear this baby fever is contagious ;)

5 comments:

Regan said...

I know how you feel! Sometimes I want a baby...sometimes i want one so bad it hurts. And then I hear a screaming kid in the grocery store and I think...ahhh....I don't want a baby!

Jessica said...

You won't be catching any baby bugs from me...promise. You know, though...if you have your babies close together, then they graduate together and you and Nathan get the house back to yourselves. Me, I have about six-seven years between Brennan starting high school and Ethan. We will be going through the teenage years over, and over, and over again.
So...if the baby bug is knocking... :)

Amber Liddle said...

I hear you! I just held a four month old the other day and it made me rethink having another one right now! I forget how helpless they are, where Ingrid is independent and predictable right now. But oh, those tiny babies!! So sweet!!

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

If the baby bug is contagious, I just might have to stay away. Oy! I LOVE my babies, but I am done!

Kelly said...

Too funny! I was just thinking the same thing as I just found out another friend is expecting again. That puts the count of people I know due in March up to SEVEN. SEVEN!!!!