Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Honey ... I Lost the Baby

Fi is quite the mover these days. She was never a baby that held still, but with her new found mobility she is never in the same spot for more than a few seconds. The other day she was playing in the living room and I ran down the hall to grab something. I was not gone for more than a few seconds and could hear her happily babbling to herself the whole time. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked back into the living room and did not see a baby.



Our living room is pretty small and there is not a lot of furniture in it. There is a baby gate up, so no little people can escape from the living room. I could still hear Fiona happily talking away, but I didn't see her. I had a few moments of sheer panic. My heart was racing.



I calmed myself down and followed the sound of her voice to behind the couch. She was just chilling back there chewing on a block. Of course the second I went to grab my camera she crawled out.



Hi, Mom!

What a little stinker! But, such a cute one!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a cutie!
I just dropped by from SITS to say hello and hope you'll do the same

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Aww, bless her! One day she'll try it and find out she's too big!

Julie said...

How cute! It's ok to lose them momentarily inside, it's when you're outside that you really start to panic.