Friday, August 28, 2009

9 Months Old

Fiona is 9 months old today. This cutie has been making our lives crazy and happy for 3/4 of a year.
She has gotten faster, even though I didn't think that was possible. She can stand for several seconds at a time now without holding onto anything. She's cruising the furniture, not just pulling up anymore. She has the funniest sense of humor, she keeps us rolling on the floor most days. She likes to tease her Daddy. She will reach for him, then when he reaches for her she turns away and laughs, repeat process. She is having more and more days where she will only eat things that she can feed herself. This often leads to hissy fits at meals. She likes to take things apart. She managed to get the little plastic snack holder off the exersaucer somehow. She still loves to dance and anything with music. She loves to sing in church or in the living room. It makes me laugh because when I was pregnant if I had music on she never stopped moving. I used to say she was dancing along, and now she really does. She is trying hard to get a few more teeth. She has 2 more that are just about to come through that have been really bothering her lately, but not quite there. Her favorite signs still all revolve around food: nurse, eat, more. She is showing more interest when we sign animals with her.
This month has been kind of rough for her too though. I've been doing daycare more regularly and so she has had to share her Mommy and her toys. She was developing quite the princess complex, so it has been good for her. Since we have been watching a small baby, she is finally starting to learn the word "gentle". She is not very good at it yet, but she tries hard.
She has also become attached to this silly fleece blanket. The child is a furnace and is always hot, so it is strange to me that out of all her blankets she chose this fleece one that makes her sweat even more. It has to go pretty much everywhere these days, especially if she is the littlest bit tired/cranky. I'm going to have to see if I can't find a backup blanket in case it gets lost. She doesn't care so much about it when she is awake and busy playing. However, if she is tired she will drag it over to you and ask to be held.
Time keeps flying by. I wish I could make it slow down. Mommy and Daddy love you, Fiona!! Happy 9 months, big girl!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh your daughter is beautiful! What a precious grin. Happy Birthday Fiona!

(Fiona is a great name by the way - our best friends have a Fiona and I'm bummed 'cause I wanted to use it!)

We have a little boy who is 17 months and the best thing in our little world. Is mommyhood ccol?!

Jessica said...

She's so cute...I am glad we got to see her Friday b/c it has been so long since we had last.
Before you know it, it will be cake and present time!

Jen said...

How Cute!

Stopping by from SITS to say HI.

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous daughter you have! And yes, I'd like time to slow down too.