Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for the Kindness of Strangers

Today I'm thankful for the kindness of strangers.  Yesterday, I was taking Fiona to her 2 year checkup.  I was running late, so decided to take the Honda because I didn't have time to switch the cars around.  I noticed the gas tank was really low, so planned to stop on the way, since the gas station is all but about 8-9 blocks from our house.  As I was turning onto a busy street the car sputtered and died.  I did manage to get it over to the side of the road.  It of course was freezing cold and I was still 3 blocks away from the gas station.  I assessed the situation and basically decided all I could do was grab Fiona, the diaper bag, and try to run up to the gas station.  By that point Fiona was flipping out and it was much colder than I had originally thought.  Thankfully, several people stopped and offered to help.  One nice lady with a carseat loaded us up and drove us the rest of the way to the gas station and then a nice man grabbed a gas can and pumped some gas for me and then the lady drove me back to my car and stayed to make sure that I got the car started and to the gas station.  I could not say thank you enough to that lady who helped me out, even though it made her late to work.  It was a very helpless feeling, but thanks to some very kind strangers the situation turned out just fine.

No comments: