Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's

We went over to our friends' Eileen and Dave's for dinner on New Year's Eve.  Eileen made some really yummy chicken enchiladas with pineapple.  Dave's house isn't quite babyproofed since they don't have to worry about that, but I think we managed pretty well.  We kept Fiona busy with tupperware and cookie cutters and put up some makeshift baby gates.


Eileen also made me some yummy chocolate birthday cupcakes.

We took a picture like this last year on New Year's Eve, so we had to take a new one this year.
After dinner we headed home because Nathan had invited some people over to play wii.  I was impressed that I actually made it until midnight this year.  Unfortunately, Fiona decided that it would be a good night to wake up at 3 am.  Yuck.  Luckily, since it was technically my birthday by then Nathan got up with her so I could sleep in a little.
On New Year's Day, I turned 26.  I don't think it feels much different than 25.  Birthdays have lost some of their excitement as I'm getting older.  Nathan took me to dinner and a movie for my birthday and Fiona went over to spend time at her grandparents' house.  We went and saw the Sherlock Holmes movie, which was pretty good.  Then we headed to dinner at Brother Sebastian's, which is always very yummy.  I love having a good steak, and Brother Sebastian's is expensive enough, that we only go on special occassions.
However, that was not the end of the celebrating.  The day after my birthday we went over to my parents' house for my family birthday dinner.  My Mom made beef stroganoff which is one of my favorite meals. 

Fiona helped me open my presents.  She's so helpful now that she is an expert present opener.


Fiona and Grandma Teri

My Mom also made me a yummy strawberry birthday cake.  It was a good birthday and a good New Year's.  Technically, that wasn't even the end of the celebrating, but I'll continue that in another post.

1 comment:

Annie said...

What a fun time! Oh Beef Stroganoff sounds delicious right now!