Friday, June 26, 2009

Finding the Silver Lining

Sometimes it is so hard to just count your blessings and find the silver linings in things. That is what I am trying to do today.

Princess Fi has been a teething, cranky, drooly, needy mess for several weeks now. She has had a few good days mixed in there, but there have been a LOT of cranky ones. It has been difficult to accomplish much because on the cranky days, she wants to be held a lot and does NOT let me out of her sight without a major meltdown. It has been rough.

Today, I am making an attempt to change MY attitude, because the teething isn't going to go away and most likely the crankiness isn't either. So, here it goes.

I am grateful that my daughter loves me and still wants to snuggle with me and thinks I can make everything better. I am thankful that she has one tooth through, so that is one down. I am thankful that she is hitting appropriate developmental milestones, like separation anxiety.

Now to keep reminding myself of this when she doesn't want me to put her down so I can eat, go to the bathroom, or shower. I can do it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a great post! I think you are so right... It's about changing OUR attitudes! ...And finging the silver lining.

It can be hard but it can be done.

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! You are so right... there's a different path for everyone. I've just gotta remember that! :)