Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Naptime Woes

So the past few days we have been having major issues with Fiona falling asleep. She has been really pretty good at getting to sleep in the past. Staying asleep is sometimes another story. The last 2 night have been miserable trying to put her to bed, and we have broken down, strapped her in the carseat and driven around until she was asleep. Desperate times call for desperate measures. That does not help during the day for naps since I don't always have the car. Yesterday I was finally successful rocking her to sleep, but she wouldn't let me put her down. So I ended up crashing in the recliner with her.
This morning I finally got her to sleep eased her into the crib was just leaving her room when the bleeping Fedex guy shows up and nearly pounds the door down. The dogs go nuts and the babies eyes pop open, she realizes she is in the crib and screaming commences. Fast forward 20 minutes, the baby is yet again just asleep and I am once again easing her into the crib and the neighbor next door (right outside her window) fires up his Harley (the loudest one I have ever heard). Repeat above with dogs barking and baby screaming. Now she is overly tired, won't go back to sleep and the crabbiest baby on the block. I cannot catch a break today. If the ding-ding man shows up during her afternoon nap I just may chase after him with a baseball bat.

No comments: