Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Month

I can't believe that it has been another month already. Fiona was 3 months old on Saturday. It as flown by. She is getting so big. I weighed her on our scale at home and she was right about 11 pounds. She has officially outgrown all of her newborn clothes and is even in some 3-6 month clothes. Thanks to some hand-me-downs and some generous gifts, we are not in any danger of running out of clothes in the near future. She will be a well dressed baby for the next couple of months.
It has been a crazy month, but so much fun. Fiona now sleeps about 5-6 hours a night and takes some pretty good naps during the day. Sleep has been wonderful! We had a bad night the other day and I couldn't believe that I used to survive on that little sleep. Fiona is cooing and babbling up a storm now. She is very talkative in the morning when we wish she would sleep a little longer, but it is way too cute to be annoyed. I have tried to capture this with the video camera, but everytime I get it out she immediately clams up. She is getting much more fun to play with now and she is starting to get interested in her toys.
She had a couple of weeks where she screamed everytime that I left the room, even if Nathan was holding her. She liked her daddy, but only when mommy was holding her or sitting right next to her. Thankfully, she has gotten over that recently. It was really hard on her daddy (and her mommy, who didn't get to shower much). Yesterday, I went into work for a couple of hours and she was a happy baby the whole time she was home with her daddy. That night she even wanted to be held by her daddy instead of mommy (sniff, sniff ... I have secretly liked that she was a mommy's girl, not the screaming for daddy part, but the wanting to snuggle with mommy part). She gets happier every day and it is amazing to watch her grow and learn new things. I love all the new things she is learning and doing, but part of me doesn't want her to grow out of the little baby stage.
We joined a mommy group here in town and have been to several playdates. It has been a lot of fun and we have met some great mommies and babies. The other day we had a playdate for babies only (most of the time there are bigger kids too). Well, truthfully it was more of a playdate for the mommies, but I think the babies had a good time too. It is really nice to get out of the house and talk to other grown-ups during the week. That has definitely been the hardest transition for me, so this group has been a blessing.
Okay, funny story that she will hate me for later in life. Fiona and I went to the afternoon mass on Ash Wednesday. It was mostly older people and it was absolutely silent in the church before mass. All of a sudden Fiona lets out the loudest fart I have ever heard in my life. Half the church turned around to look. I was sooooo embarrassed. I wanted to hide or at least yell out that it was the baby and not me. It will make a great blackmail story later in life.
And finally,here are a few pictures from the month:




She is definitely going to be a thumb sucker. Orthodontist here we come.


So wide-eyed


Big girl holding her head up.

Sleeping baby
(I know she's not supposed to sleep on her tummy, but tired mommies do what it takes to get the baby to nap)
Cute Valentine's Day outfit
First time out in the snow with mommy
Making baby snow angels
Out in the snow with daddy
What a cutie pie!
Smiling for the camera
Sleeping angel

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The baby snow angel and the V.day outfit are my favorites. She is such a cutie.