Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Quick Update with Lots of Pictures

I haven't updated in forever.  Life is pretty hectic most days at our house.  School is back in session which means, our friend Miss G is back with us during the week days.  Having 3 little ones under the age of 2 in the house is quite an adventure.  They keep me on my toes, but I love watching them all interact.  Life is a little extra busy lately, because I decided to start working, answering phones from home at night a couple hours a week to save up some extra money for Christmas presents.  It is very easy and kind of boring, but I am actually kind of enjoying it.
Sisters (plus Calina), one last picture before Maggie went off to college.
Fi dancing in her diaper.
Fiona is still an avid reader.
My other cutie :)
Fiona has become a hat lover lately.  This pink hat didn't leave her head for about 2 full weeks.  She ate, slept, and bathed in it.  She even insisted that Miss G wear a hat too.  She still loves hats, but we aren't wearing them 24/7 anymore.
The girl loves to accessorize.
I still can't get over what a good sleeper Calina is.
Fiona is my little helper lately. She wants to help Mommy do everything.  Fi helps me take care of her "issy", fold laundry (wad up clothes and put them in baskets), cook (drag all my cooking utensils to various corners of the house), and feed the dogs (dump the bag on the floor and stash dog food all over the house).
About a month ago, I started to get a little worried about Fiona's speech.  She has a gazillion signs, but she really wasn't saying too many words and wasn't putting words together yet.  I called the school district and had her evaluated, even though I knew she probably wouldn't qualify.  I wanted an objective opinion.  Her language that she says was pretty low, but her language that she understands was way too high, so she won't qualify for services.  That is okay, because just this week she has had an explosion of words that she says.  I knew that would probably happen.  She just had to make her mama a little crazy first.
Chilling in her super cool new Tinkerbell jammies and robe.  The Tinkerbell on her robe lights up.  I got the whole set at a consignment sale for $1.  I love finding good deals :)

That is pretty much our life at the moment. The girls are growing like weeks and keeping me very busy.  Hopefully, I'll make some more time to blog soon.  Don't hold your breath though, because I'm going to try to sew Halloween costumes for both girls, so it will probably eat up all my kid-free time.

No comments: