Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Have a Night Owl

I have always been more of a morning person.  For the most part, I don't mind getting up in the morning.  In fact, I feel pretty darn lazy if I stay in bed much past 9.  Before I had kids, I would stay up late and still get up early.  Since Fiona was born, I turn into a pumpkin much earlier.  I would much rather go to bed early and get up early.  Nathan is the complete opposite.  He HATES getting up in the morning and would stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep all day if he could.
Thankfully, Fiona takes after me for the most part.  She's always been happiest in the morning and needs to get to bed pretty early.  It worked well, since we would get up in the morning together.
Calina is a whole different story.  This sweet baby girl ...
is a total night owl.  Just like her Daddy. 
If only her Daddy could nurse her then all would be well in our house.  Mommy and Fiona could go to bed and Daddy and Callie could stay up all night.  I shouldn't really complain, because it has been nice because after Fiona goes to bed, Callie and I get alone time, and before Callie gets up in the morning Fiona and I get alone time.  However, going to bed late and getting up early is seriously cutting into my sleep time.  Thank goodness Callie sleeps well once she goes to bed and they can usually both be convinced to nap at the same time or Mommy would not be coherent.

No comments: